Now in the Pictures folder, all the Screenshots you take and the social media photos get saved in this folder. In the Download folder, whatever files, images, music, documents you download gets saved in this original ROM folder and the same for the music and ringtone folder. Let me tell you why we are copying those folders like DCIM, Pictures, Download, Music, Ringtons, etc..
And if you’re new to rooting and flashing, FlashFire makes the whole process more accessible than ever. Fastboot backups aren’t designed to be restored through FlashFire, so are less useful and convenient for most users. The backup is in the form of a ZIP file with a flash-all script included inside.
- Some steps may differ depending on the version of your phone and software.
- A full backup is anything that will restore your system state to when
- If this method did not work out like in our case only then proceed to install patched boot.img.
Getting back to stock uses the same techniques used to install ROMs and mods in the first place. If you’re accustomed to working with a rooted phone, there should be nothing in this guide that’s peculiar or alarming. Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them. Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do. It’s normally possible to get factory images from Samsung and LG, but you may need to download them from third-party sites. If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go.
The application works for both rooted as well as non-rooted devices. It is a part of the Dr.Fone toolkit and is compatible with more than 8000 different Android devices. Afterward, type the command “adb backup –all” to take full Android backup of your device. Simple ADB Backup Backs Up Your Android Phone from the Desktop, No Root Required.
- This type of full firmware backup is known as the Nandroid backup.
- The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so take a complete device backup beforehand.
- Follow this guide to restore HTC U11 to stock firmware.
- In the case when your device does not have ramdisk in boot images, Magisk has no choice but to hijack the recovery partition.
It enables you to backup and restore your device data both selectively or completely depending on your needs. Moreover, with this program there is no fear of data loss during the backup or restore process. So, this was the complete guide on how to backup an Android phone completely. It is essential to take the backup of your personal files, contacts, photos, and videos because once you lose it, you can’t be able to recover it. There are many apps and software through which you backup your android, but what I have shown is the most efficient and safest way. All you need to backup Android ROMs is an app called “Flashfire”.